Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

2007 camry, will not come out of park but the shifter will.

Customer Question

2007 camry, will not come out of park but the shifter will. Park indicater stays on when shifter is shift and car still in park
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for holding.

From what you are describing here, it sounds like the problem is going to lie in the shift linkage or cable. The linkages at the transmission and the shifter assembly will need to be inspected and make sure they are in tact. Start at the shifter assembly and make sure that cable is connected. Follow the cable down to the transmission and make sure the connection there is secure as well. Inspect the cable mounts for proper connections. If the cable connections are tight and connected properly. The problem will lie in the shifter assembly itself. I've wrapped up a PDF file with the locations to check marked with arrows. Download the PDF file here:https://goo.gl/zoIVBM

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Sergio. I noticed this Q&A was still open so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Any other questions you had on this issue? Any other information I can provide that would better assist?