Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Passenger sliding door on Totyota Sienna stuck halfway open,

Customer Question
passenger sliding door on Totyota...
passenger sliding door on Totyota Sienna stuck halfway open
JA: What year is your Sienna?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we pushed the button to disable the power door and checked to make sure nothing is blocking the door, but we don't see anything. We cannot close the door manually either
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we would be happy to use the door manually without the automatic power, but we don't want to spend a lot of money to fix it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We got the door closed, but it is not fixed. We will plan to not use it in the meantime.
Answered in 2 days by:
1/10/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** Toyota master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we start. Does it open manually? Do you hear the motor try to open the door when you activate the switch/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we can hear the motor try to open the door when we activate the switch but it does not move.
We were able to force the door closed, but we cannot open and close it easily, so for the meantime we are using the manual sliding door on the driver side and not using the passenger sliding door at all.

Ok there are two things that is common on these vehicle's that go wrong with the power sliding doors, {1} cable breaking, {2} The door actuator

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We can see the cable and it appears to be intact. It could be the door actuator. I am not familiar with that.

Yes that is the other common problemwould you like me to offer the phone call to explain?

I have everything waiting to show you step by step how to fix your problem just waiting for your reply

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician