Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

2004 TOYOTA Matrix - the cruise control stop working. The

Customer Question

2004 TOYOTA Matrix - the cruise control stop working. The green light in the dash still comes on but does not engage?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't looked currently. It is my sons cars and he is out of town and I drove it home from the airport. That when I notice it not working. He has mentioned it before, just forgot. Also the driver side {outside} door mirror doesn't hold in place. It shimmers, if that makes sense. How can I fix it?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting There are a couple of things to check, it's not a fuse because

indicator light on the dash turns on, check to make sure the brake lights work and go off when the pedal is released, check the brake fluid level, make sure there are no warning lights on the dash on, any other lights like the check engine, trac control or skid control lights will cause the cruise control to stop working.