Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2005 corolla, car wont turn over. Change the battery and

Customer Question
starter still not starting JA: Have...
2005 corolla, car wont turn over. Change the battery and starter still not starting
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Battery changed today
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Attempting to fix it myself, so far I've changed the battery and the starter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The engine is not turning over
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
1/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello welcome to justanswer

when you turn the key to the on position do all the lights on the dash turn on? Do the headlights work? Is there any noise when trying to start, any clicking noise?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All the lights work on the dash, just no noise when starting. Not even the clicking sound from the starter.

Thanks for the reply, do you happen to have a 12 volt test light or a voltmeter? Is it an automatic or manual?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician