Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

ABS light traction control and brake warning light all on

Customer Question

ABS light traction control and brake warning light all on steady, vsc light flashing. hooked up a code reader that does abs and there are no dtc codes but it states it cant connect to the abs module. checked manufactures specs and it supports that vehicle, upgraded firmware on reader same results
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?
Customer: steady, fluid is fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2009 matrix
JA: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ithought it may be the common problem with the rear wheel speed sensors but wanted to scan abs codes before I tore into them. now i'm worried it may be the module. haven't done any actual work to the vehicle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that should be it
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 7 months ago.

I would recommend trying a different scanner if possible. If the lights are on it has to have stored codes. Try not to do any work until you find out the codes. Other wise you may be doing repairs that are not needed. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.