mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Its completely dead the system wont power up and its in the

Customer Question

Its completely dead the system wont power up and its in the garage nose first the toe company wont tow it until i get it out of the garage how do i get it to neuteral if it wont power up
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2010 toyota prius
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried charging the batteery checked the fuses + ground points everything i could think of
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not right off hand
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The only thing seems to work is the door ajar light the dome light and you can hear the fuel pump when you step on the brake
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 months ago.

Is there enough power to operate the door locks? If there is out the door locks to the unlocked position and open the rear hatch. At that point remove the interior cover panel that exposes a spare tire and the right quarter panel plastic cover that covers a 12 V battery. You will need to put a jumper cables to the 12 V battery in order to allow the system to power on and get the vehicle into neutral to have it towed. If you power up the total battery with jumper cables at the 12 V battery it may ready on try that first. It may just simply be a bad 12 V battery. If you cannot get the rear hatch open because there's not enough battery voltage to do that pop the hood in the fuse box on the left side remove the cover you will see a red large plastic cap remove that lid and apply 12 V jumper cables positive lead to that terminal and the negative lead to the inverter case and it will power on the system. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tried that i let it trickel charge all night and i still dont even get a light on the power buttonthe dash display does nit come on nothing

If you put the remote key into the slot will it allow the system to ready on?

If you put your foot on the brake pedal does the light stay orange or does it turn green in the start button?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you an idiot i said right there no lights no power wtf is wrong with youcan you not read?

Have a nice day.

Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.

okay I will try my best to help you with this issue.. is the battery original?

are you still wantin help I have not received a response?