Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My wife has a 2011 4 runner and it will not go into neutral

Customer Question
or start. JA: Have you checked...
My wife has a 2011 4 runner and it will not go into neutral or start.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes terminal is fine even hooked up jumper cables and dash lights up but not ignition
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Toyota 4runner
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried to replace altenator cause i was told it was bad.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
1/2/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

I assume it is stuck in park and will not crank?

Do the brake lights work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No brake lights

The shift interlock needs a brake signal to work.

Verify the STOP fuse is good and powered at the engine fuse box.

Confirm power into the brake pedal switch on the red wire.

Confirm at the switch the violet/green wire is powered when the brake pedal is pressed.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician