Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, 32 years, diagnostic/repair / electrical specialist
13677702

1993 Camry reverse lights not working. Replaced bulbs.

Customer Question

1993 Camry reverse lights not working. Replaced bulbs. Looking for fuse location
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: Checked manual. Location of fuse is unclear
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I've replaced the bulbs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Randall C replied 8 months ago.

hello, there are different camry models and engines and also need to know if auto trans or manual

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Auto trans. I pulled most of the fuses in the inside panel and can't see any that are blown
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a 1993 Toyota Camry 2200, 16 valve engine

Sorry for the delay. There is not a reverse light fuse. if all the indictaors work when shifting then you either have a wiring problem or bad neutral switch, That switch is mounted on the trans right where the shifter cable hooks up at the trans and will have a group of wires plugged into it. Its likely going to be this or wiring. below is some information

. At the park neutral switch, check for battery voltage to be present at the Red/Blue trace wire key on engine off.

2. Key on engine off with the shifter in reverse, check for 12 volts on the Red/Black wire.

3. Check the wires in the trunk at the driver's side trunk support, the wires can break inside the plastic covering.

Tech Tips:Can bypass the neutral safety switch by jumping the Red/Blue wire to the Red/Black wire, to see if the lights will come on.