Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Won't start but I'm thinking, May be a resister, 75toyota

Customer Question

Won't start but I'm thinking
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: May be a resister
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 75toyota new starter coil spark
JA: What year is your Toyota?
Customer: Yes 1975
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes starter coil
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tested for spark when I touched dist car jumped like I had turned on key to start with clutch disengaged
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It turns over great but doesn't start I took off ignition module had circuit board looked good wire to dist was loose I re spliced it put it on test lite it jumped like I tried to start it found dist lead plastic piece on dist body broke inside dist I glued but haven't put back yet
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Looked at pic a part for plastic piece no luck and have nobody to give me a hand so you know I only can do what one person can do��
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know a little do the work on it myself troubleshooting is difficult
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm stuck on side of gas station have to sleep in truck so it is important but I'm not even rich or close to it but homeless and jobless and need this old goat to run I've managed for two years
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To keep it going
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your charging me to whine or something?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there is a piece or component broke on the distributor where the cap or rotor is seated this needs replaced or repaired.This will allow spark to arc out and cause a no start issue here.If you have already repaired this or this is not the cause here let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete