Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

How are you? Well I'm not very good at all! My old toyota

Customer Question
Hi how are you? JA: I'm...
Hi how are you?
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: Well I'm not very good at all! My old toyota corolla isn't starting
JA: Glad to hear it. Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: All is good the engine crank well but there is no fuel on the purge valve I replace the fuel pump already
JA: What year is your Corolla?
Customer: 99 1.8l
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes , i replaced the ac compressor yesterday and worked perfectly fine, yesterday i had issues starting but finally after 3er time boom started fine Was running like 10 minutes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
11/27/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 11 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, are you sure it's not getting fuel pressure? Have you checked for spark to the plugs? Try spraying some intake air cleaner or bake cleaner or a little gasoline into the intake directlt and see if it fires up and runs for a second or so, let me know how that goes.

I already do that and start perfectly fine for few seconds.
If i puch the pedal the motor go off
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician