Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have a 95 camry -- it won't engage in drive or any of the

Customer Question

I have a 95 camry -- it won't engage in drive or any of the other forward gears but it will in reverse.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 190,000 I haven't noticed any lately
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The fluid level in the differential seemed low so I have been adding some Dextron II
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. Have you changed the transmission oil lately and or checked it's level and condition? I;ll give you a chart to help.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I haven
t checked the transmission oil lately--do not know how to. It is a front wheel drive.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nobody is respoonding to me now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This seems to be another toyota ripoff--why should I pay to talk on phone when you don't even respond to email that I paid for
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please do not charge me--you have provided no help at all--not even an educated guess.

sorry had to go out for a bit. No rip off . did you check it's condition with the chart I gave you. What you need to do to check it properly is to run till operating temperature leave in park with emergency on . lift the hood. The dipstick is on the driver's side at front of transmission. Pull it out wipe off and reinsert , then pull out again to read it. It will show on thew dip stick cold and hot level points. As long as it's in the middle it should be fine. to check it's quality just wipe some on a clean white tissue and compare it to the chart I gave you.let me know what you have .I'll be here till 11:00 pm