Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I got a problem with my key I cannot open my door any way I

Customer Question
try JA: Is the key stripped...
I got a problem with my key I cannot open my door any way I try
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: not I used my car in the morning and after some hours was not working
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Toyota Matrix XR 2003
JA: Are you fixing your Matrix yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I try to open manually I will try use WD 40 in the key to see if it may help but the problem is that there is any sign
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I m sorry I came in this web site yesterday I leave when I was sent to mechanic because I am not sure about how it works
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
11/22/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the key will not turn in the door cylinder at all try spraying a small amount of lubricant into the key cylinder slot and allow it to sit for a short period of time.This will free up the cylinder.If the key is turning but does not unlock the door this can indicate a fault with the door latch itself.I have seen several door latch failures in the past before cause this issue here needing replaced.

In this case this will require a mechanic or AAA company to come out and use their tools to open the door to access the latch to repair or replace it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician