Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Need to bypass the neutral safety switch on my 04 Sienna,

Customer Question

Need to bypass the neutral safety switch on my 04 Sienna
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am the car started once by jiggling the shifter but hasn't since
JA: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?
Customer: You tell me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Are you just trying to get it started to get it fixed or are you trying to permanently bypass the safety mechanism since it isn't working? To bypass it to start it, you need to jump the black with yellow stripe wire to the black with blue stripe wire at the car sire of the connector for the neutral safety. But I don't recommend doing it long term as you could eventually ruin the starter or ignition switch or accidental start it while in gear. But any way that aside, there's how you do it.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny