Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Gave a jumped to friend now car won't start, No perfectly

Customer Question

Gave a jumped to friend now car won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No perfectly fine, dash lights dim on -off w-no key in car
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2000 avalon 6 cyl
JA: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced a 10 amp fuse and it drove for 2 days just to not start on 3 day
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Radio turns on no sound comes out
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Should I take battery cables off an disconnect for 10 min.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Took battery cables off 10 min then back on battery and tried to start no start

Will it at least crank?

Was there a 10 amp fuse that was blown?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Took to mechanic's and he fixed a 10 amp fuse and it drov fine for 2 days then as I turned it off for the night weird the dash a accessories lights on dash wouldn't turn off even after key was out of car.So I thought that wouldn't draw enough battery juice.So next morning car wouldn't start no click.l lights come on and it looks as though it's ready to start but nothing.So I pop hood take 10 amp out and replace w-new one just like mechanic's said to do if it happen again nothing.No click no crank but all lights work and windows and in when you insert key.im puzzled? ?

Which fuse name or number did he he replace? We need to find why that circuit was or is shorted.

Do you own a volt meter and understand wire diagrams? I ask because we need to start testing at the ignition switch to check the input and output voltages there.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Got it fixed it was in front accident prior to purchase and they shoved all the wire in a bunch and they had to figure our which wire was shorting ignition system so mechanic's spliced wire and fixed problem although I still don't have radio sound and Heater,
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Glad you got it resolved.