Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I took apart the back door panel and I don't know how to get

Customer Question

hi .. I took apart the back door panel and I don't know how to get the lock to disengage.. it is stuck closed please tell me what to do I see the green clip is that what I use.. I am so frustrated I am a woman trying to do this hereself
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 10 months ago.

Make sure the key lock in the back door is in the unlocked position, if I remember right there are rods attached to the door handle lever each ros goes from the release handle over to the edge of the door to the latches, are you able to turn the key in the lock or is it stuck, when turning the key is there any resistance like it's doing something and is there a noise, I'm going to have to look at a diagram of this because it's been quite a while since I had dealt with this so be patient and I'll get back to you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can't get door lock to open, the poles from it go near green tab some how in there. I can turn the key but no noise, or resistance I got it twice to go down and the window is rubbing needs aligning. I think it's the ignition but I looked online and can't find that lock to be replaced. I didn't care about matching with ignition.

If the window does not go all the way down the door lock will not open the door, there are switches on each side that keep the door from being opened unless the window is rolled all the way down

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think it might be the lock is that a dealer only part?

I think you can get it a little cheaper online, try autopartswarehouse.com/ they have a lot of Toyota OEM parts