Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Our car is bogging out what could it be. one guy says it is

Customer Question
the fuel filter. JA: Has the...
our car is bogging out what could it be. one guy says it is the fuel filter.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: not really it still does good on gas. it starts ok. the exaust is loud
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2002 corolla s
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. only
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: connect to what
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
11/18/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
check engine light is on we just changed the o2 senser

Oh? What code is it showing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the o2 senser was bad so we changed it and the engine light was on previously. and now its on again

How about the trouble code?

Like setting a code maybe, too lean because of low fuel pressure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Auto zone checked it and they said it was the upper o2. And we replace it yesterday. Check engine is back on. The smog shop said lean.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Like a computer chip

Autozone is not the best place for any technical diagnostics. They can read trouble codes and if it has a code indicating that it is running lean, (along with bogging down) chances are the fuel pressure is low, like I said in the first place. Thanks

Where did you go?

Do you know what the code number was?

We, (the experts) are only paid by your positive ratings.

Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic