sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My E7013 radio display won't open and I can't access

Customer Question

My E7013 radio display won't open and I can't access anything on it
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yes display says no DVD please insert map DVD. There is one in it. When I turn the truck on I can hear the CD like it's trying to come out but the display won't open
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 tundra Limited
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I had some work done on it and they had to disconnect the battery. Since then my radio doesn't respond. I went online and found the same issue with the same model
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Just that when I turn the truck on you can hear like it's trying to push the disc out but the display doesn't retract Hello?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This indicates an internal failure of the radio.

One thing you can do is a battery disconnect and see if that changes anything. If the problem appears to have started as the result of a battery disconnect then disconnecting it again may not change anything, but it's possible for a radio to lock up electrically just like any other module.

If a battery disconnect doesn't help then the radio will either need to be replaced or sent out for repair to somewhere such as United Radio.