Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2012 ScionXB and only owe $4500.00 and now my

Customer Question

I have a 2012 ScionXB and only owe $4500.00 and now my engine is making noise and I also purchased a Toyota Extra Care Platinum Vehicle Service Agreement and took it in for service and to be diagnosed and was told I have to pay $1800 for the Toyota mechanic to take the engine apart to see exactly what is wrong ~ why do I have to have my engine taken totally apart instead of my car being put on a diagnostic machine? Also why isn't my Care Platinum package sufficient enough to cover my repairs instead of being told once they take my engine apart then perhaps my warranty will be applied?? What is this all about?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This can be a very touch subject is some service departments. We are going to need to discuss some particulars. Are you available to talk at the moment?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm available.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Calling you would increase my fee? Is that correct or not??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just need to know why my extended warranty won't be accepted until I pay $1800 for Toyota to tear the engine apart to see exactly what is wrong in addition to charging me a $150 diagnostic fee.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you there?

Sorry, I had some internet issues. No, you do not need to spend more money. I was inquiring if you have a few moments to discuss several pertinent items that are germane to this situation.