Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2003 Camry XLE 4 cylinder. Had it on blocks for a year.

Customer Question
2003 Camry XLE 4 cylinder. Had...
2003 Camry XLE 4 cylinder.
Had it on blocks for a year. Stupid me.
Boosted to start it. No problem.
Rearranged cars in driveway, but left windows open. Tried to restart but no ignition, power windows, radio or heater. Didn't check sunroof, but probably that too. Lights, 4 way flashers, door locks, horn and panic button all work.
Checked all fuses and relays. Found a 15 amp ignition out and a 10 amp ETCS out. Replaced both. Still nothing.
In my heart, I belive it is the security system.
Any suggestions? Battery is at full amperage.
Is there a way to disable the security system?
I've used your service before to get the keys out of the truck of my Jag. Saved me lots of cash!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
11/10/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for psting

When turning the key on do the dash lights turn on? Is there a flashing red light on anywhere on the dash or just below the dash on a bracket?

Do you have a 12 volt test light or a volt/ohm meter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dash lights do not turn on. Flashing red light on 'security'. I have a volt meter.

Thanks, ***** ***** under the hood, there is a larger fuse marked AM2 it's 30A fuse, check to see if it's blown or has power to it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Ted. I checked the fuse. It is not blown, and there is power to it.

Thanks, ***** ***** probably some more fuses out, did you check them on the inside fuse panel as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The am2 is ok. I have checked all other fuses and they are ok too. ��
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked again on inside. A rad no1 is also blown. I have to go to the store and get more fuses. Be back in half an hour.

Take your time I have to go offline in a few minutes and be back in about 4 hours, other than the fuses I really have nothing else to suggest anyway, it's best to check the fuses with the voltmeter and the key on, you can use the small metal tabs on top to check for voltage.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech