Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

THE CAR WAS REAR ENDED BUT NO AIR BAGS WENT OFF AND NOW IT

Customer Question

THE CAR WAS REAR ENDED BUT NO AIR BAGS WENT OFF AND NOW IT HAS B1650 FAULT PERMANTLY STORED IN THE AIR BAG SYSTEM IT IS A 2007 YARIS
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: NOT THAT I KNOW OF
JA: Are you fixing your Yaris yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I AM FIXING IT MYSELF I AM A MINI TECH AT A DEALER IM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS FAULT IN A TOYOTA
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOPE
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. The code you have is for the passenger side classification circuit. I will give you a link describing what it means and diag procedures .Usually is the sensor under the passenger seat . But sometimes just resetting it will cure it, especially if triggered by an accident. Was there any one or anything on the passenger reset during that impact? if so it could have triggered it.If resetting it don't help you may have to replace that sensor which is pretty easy to do. Hope this info helps solve your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so. http://share.qclt.com/%E4%B8%B0%E7%94%B0Toyota%20RAV4%20Repair%20Manual/Supplemental%20Restraint%20System/Airbag%20System/0430020.pdf