Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Malfunction indicator light on, No, 2005 corolla, Nothing,

Customer Question
Malfunction indicator light on JA: Do...
Malfunction indicator light on
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Toyota mechanic to figure that out. What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2005 corolla
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes,air bag on driver side on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/5/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello and welcome

There are a couple of things you can check yourself, make sure the gas cap is on tight, check under the hood for any hoses that may have come of around the air filter area. Most engine malfunction lights turn on due to emission control system malfunctions, it may be an O2 sensor or something simple like that. To find out exactly we'll need some diagnostic code information, most of the national autoparts chain stores can help you get the codes for you at no charge (exc ca) they connect the code reader and give you a printout and may offer some suggestions for you but please contact me back so I can help you figure out how to fix this, just go to an Autozone, O Reilly etc and they can help you then let me know what they found.

The airbag light is a seperate issue and it should be diagnosed using a diagnostic scanner that can access that particular system.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech