Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I replace the old vacuum hose to new vacuum hose. I do

Customer Question

I replace the old vacuum hose to new vacuum hose. I do replace one by one vacuum hose. Check the timer for make sure is correct timer. When the engine get start it ok. And engine get warm and run engine to 2000 rpm it hesitates.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Toyota Pick up 22R
JA: What year is your '00 Toyota?
Customer: no and it 1986
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replace the old vacuum hose and because it came loose.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better.Is this engine carburetor or injection?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Carburetor or 22R
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm hard of hearing and not clear to talk the phone good.

That's ok me too too much around impact tools lol. ok so this has a carburetor? Did you check if the auxillary pump in the carb is pumping?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That I was thinking about auxillary pump. No I have not checking the pump. I going check in the morning. Right now I has to go work.

Ok I will in the mean time organize a full reply of things you can check and we can solve this together tomorrow.gn

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok

here are some pics of adjustments you can make to your carb. make suer the throttle cable is free and smooth by disconnecting it and feeling it's operation, if you have or can get a vacuum gauge to check manifold vacuum that would also be a good idea. Make sure the choke plate is opening up fully and that fast idle screw adjuster is adjusted properly, make sure the secondary butterfly valve is closed at idle.If you need further help I'll be happy to do so. There is also a vacuum hose routing so you can check your work.