Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2007 Highlander that won't shift out of park. Car

Customer Question
HI. I have a 2007...
HI. I have a 2007 Highlander that won't shift out of park. Car starts fine and I can remove key when I turn it off.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Wheel lock doesn't engage; I can turn wheel easily when engine is on.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2007 Highlander
JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I saw this article about checking the brake light fuse as they shifter is connected to it, and if fuse is out car wont' shift out of park
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope. what's the fee for this service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Toyota mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
11/4/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just anser. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. Yes the brake light circuit is part of the shift lock system. Did you locate the shift lock over ride button so you can shift out of park?

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician