Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Toyota 2001 sienna van. I had a check engine light

Customer Question

I have a Toyota 2001 sienna van. I had a check engine light made at a local parts house. The reading gave a p1155 bank2 air fuel sensor. And a reading of p1135. I also having trouble with the van stalling out on me while idling and sometimes while i'm slowing to make a stop. what can you tell me of the probable causes.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 9 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting the code you are getting is specific to the a/f sensor, you're not getting a code for the converter which is a different code, the sensor can affect fuel mileage, stalling and low idle at stops is usually related to a sticking idle air control valve, it is located on the bottom of the throttle body, it can be removed and checked for sticking and can in most cases be cleaned using a carbon dissolving spray and a brush, while the throttle body is off it should also be cleaned. Are you getting both 1135 and 1155?

The P1135 code is for the a/f sensor bank one which is near the firewall the 1155 code is for the bank two which is at the front near the radiator, replace them both, use Denso brand sensors if possible, it's what Toyota uses.