Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

According to the scanner or reading device there is "No

Customer Question
Hi there! according to the...
Hi there! according to the scanner or reading device there is "No DTC", what's that mean?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: The sienna 04 died on while driving on the road. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and await your feedback?
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I'm trying to fix it since it's my only ride to school and back.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried the diagnose reader but came out "No DTC".
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
10/21/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. "NO DTC" could be one of two things:

1) the scanner is incompatible with this electronic engine management system (common on less expensive/generic scanners)

2) the Computer is faulty

3) There is no electronic failure to record DTCs, the failure is mechanical (an example of this would be a faulty fuel pump. There would not be a DTC if the fuel pump was bad or unable to pump fuel.

Most likely, without looking at it, seeing the issue and doing tests, I would suspect a faulty fuel pump. (Assuming that the No Dtc display is 100% accurate)

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert