Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My Carmy is being serviced at Jerry's Toyota in Baltimore,

Customer Question

My Carmy is being serviced at Jerry's Toyota in Baltimore, Maryland. Since my last maintenance, I needed to replace 3 quarts of oil. I was told Toyota is ending the oil consumption test on 10/31/26 and that in the next 10 days I will need to put 1100 miles on the vehicle. Nearly impossible. Can I start the testing today & extend the end date till I place 1100miles on the vehicle? If you don't have an answer or do not have the authority for the extension, please send me the contact info on who can. Thank you.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: Around 3 months ag0.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2009 Camry
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I depend on Jerry's.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just who can help with the extension.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Just Answer is a website that provides information to assist people such as yourself with issues. We do not have the ability to speak to or influence the dealer body or the manufacturer. However, what I DO recommend you do is this:

Call the TOYOTA EXPERIENCE CENTER ("CEC") at 1-***-***-****. The people at the CEC are empowered to assist people who have problems like yours. They can advocate for you and can assist the dealer with this timeframe that you are having to deal with . I strongly recommend you call the CEC. They are very good people and they are your best resource for your dilemma. I cannot tell you exactly what they will do, but their job is to help people out.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks

You are very welcome.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you. I trust my input is satisfactory and meets your expectations. A positive rating for my assistance on your request would be greatly appreciated; thanks again and have a great day