Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 99 Camry with power windows. Need to know how to

replace the power window register...
I have a 99 Camry with power windows. Need to know how to replace the power window register on the drivers door
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/15/2016
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just ANswer. Please allow me to assist you. DO you mean the power window Regulator on the driver side door? I assume you can hear the motor run but the window does not move when the window motor is running. Is this correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Motor is running, when the window reaches to, the motor keeps running and makes a very loud and shaky clunking sound

Replacement of the regulator is rather easy on this model year.

You need to remove the trim around the door pull inner handle

then

Remove the door window control switch

then

Pull the door panel

then

set the window so you can see and access the 2 10 millimeter bolts that holds the window glass to the regulator

then

remove the 2 10 mm bolts

then raise the galss with your hands and tilt it to take it out of the door; set it adise in a safe spot

then

remove the 3 or 5 bolts that holds the regulator to the inner door panel

then

disconnect the wire to the window motor

then

pull the regulator/motor unit out of the center hole in the inner door panel

then

remove the motor and refit it to the new regulator

Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert