sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2000 Toyota tundra and the problem began a few days

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Toyota tundra and the problem began a few days ago. The truck started suffering
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: The battery is fully charged. Now every time I start it up it kills
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I 've replaced the fuel filter, air filter and tbs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, it was starting without without power when I throttle. Now it starts and kills. I also added gumout treatment to fuel
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There may be several things going on but what you're describing is usually caused by very low fuel pressure due to a failing pump.

The first thing that should be done is check for fault codes. If no related fault codes are found then the next step would be to check fuel pressure using a fuel pressure gauge. Are you able to do either of these things?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I ve already checked for codes which lead to changing the tbs. Now I ll check for the fuel pressure. Though I might add, that I removed the line from the fuel filter and turned the switch on and nothing happened until turned the key to start . Then fuel came out of line

What you'll want to do is check fuel pressure with a gauge to verify whether there is ample pressure or not.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok

Let me know what you find!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where is the attachment located on this 2000 3.4 tundra and what should the pressure be

An adapter needs to be used at either the fuel line coming into the rail or at one of the fuel rail crossover banjo bolts.