Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2013 Toyota highlander, that was on a semi truck

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Toyota highlander, that was on a semi truck that rolled on its side, all other cars seem to start except this one, and 1 other
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: I put a jump pack on it, and it dings loud, and interior light seems brite,
JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, just tried jumping it, and took battery out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do they have any safety shut off switches if there rolled or in a accident?
I will await your answer,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have any dash lights or anything when I turn key on, except the little car showing th door open, Only other thing I could get to work was the over head light, and it seemed bright
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was anything checked like power and ground cables at the battery and leading from the battery as well as at the fuse panels,starter,etc.?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, only at battery
It is getting power for. The door chime to ding and lights on overhead
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,there isnt a safety shut off on this that I see myself here.Do the head lights work at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I might in about a hour when I get back there
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If you can let me know if the head lights work this will help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not by it right now
Didn't know how long it would take to get answers
Not sure on headlights
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,I dont see a shut off myself on this model but it sounds like a major loss of power or ground.If you would like I can post the power and ground diagrams here on this for you to look and see if you can pinpoint the issue just let me know or I can try and walk you through it when your ready.Let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok if you can send that
And I will probably call you when I get there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The headlights work
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was offline when you responded last night.

If you can the next step is to locate the 30 amp PTS fuse #3,40 amp RR CLR fuse and 30 amp PBD fuses and see if they have power on them with the key on or off and let me know.

Thanks Pete