Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

How do remove the motor for 2003 sequia anyena, 150,000

Customer Question
How do remove the motor...
How do remove the motor for 2003 sequia anyena
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 150,000 miles authomatic transmition
JA: What is the model of your '03 Toyota?
Customer: Sequia
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have removed the mast and this is a piece left inside
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I remove the motor so I can remove the broken piece inside
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
10/4/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I assume you are speaking about the antenna motor. If so, you need to jack the vehicle, up, and remove the tire. Then block the front end so the weight is not on the jack (so you can work safely). When the tire is off, remove the plastic inner fender liner. Once the liner is off, you can access the mounting bolts for the antenna motor. Remove the nut that holds the top of the mast to the fender with an antenna removal tool, then remove the motor. Once the motor is removed, remove the bolt that holds the round black plastic cover on the motor. Inside the motor is the antenna rotating drum. This is where your broken piece of the mast is. Put the black cover back on and then reassemble the motor under the fender. Put everything back together and feed the new antenna mast into the antenna tube from the top.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert