Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I went to the Toyota today to have my 2007 RAV4 CHECK

Customer Question
BECAUSE THE ABS LIGHTS CAME...
I went to the Toyota today to have my 2007 RAV4 CHECK BECAUSE THE ABS LIGHTS CAME ON AND STAYED ON. IT SHOWED VSC LIGHT AND ENGINE LIGHT and TRAC LIGHT. THEY CHECK MY CAR AND SAID IT WAS A PURGE VALVE AND CHARCOAL CANNISTER WITH THE CODE P0441 AND P0455 and stated the charge for repair is $1992.97. They also fix a recall on the rear outboard seatbelts. I advise the technician I could not afford the repair price and got my car back. When starting up the car and driving the ABS is no longer on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
10/3/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello and welcome

Is the check engine light still on, if all lights are off it's possible that they have cleared the codes in the computer,

The check engine light will turn other lights like abs/trac control on, even though there is nothing wrong with these they are disabled as long as the check engine light stays on. As far as the P0441 and 455 are concerned, the 441 is a purge valve malfunction, the 455 is a gross leak at the evap system which they diagnosed as the charcoal canister leaking.

What I would recommend doing at this time is to replace the gas cap with an OEM part and replace the purge vsv located near the air filter attached to a hose coming from the engine and going back o the fuel tank. Do this first and clear all codes and see if the lights turn back on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The lights comes on when start car and goes out within second before I put in drive

Do the lights go off without putting it in drive, if you just let it idle?

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech