Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Starts just fine. Runs 20-30 seconds then stops. Accelerator

Customer Question
pedal, absolutely no response JA: Will...
Starts just fine. Runs 20-30 seconds then stops. Accelerator pedal, absolutely no response
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: All lights work just fine. Battery is fully charged.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1992 toyota motorhome. 6 cyl
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not tried anything. But when the engine quits there is a distinct click under the hood on the right passenger side where the fuse boxes are located.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 1. Replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter three years ago.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
10/3/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Did you check for malfunction codes that may be set in the computer or do you know how to do this using the jumper wire method in the diagnostic port? When it quits did you check to see if it's losing fuel pressure or losing spark?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician