Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Trac light and Check Engine Light is on I also lost power on

Customer Question
my engine JA: Is the power...
Trac light and Check Engine Light is on I also lost power on my engine
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It fluctuates
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2011 tundra
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing might take it to mechanic this weekend
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
9/30/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The TRAC light comes on whenever the Check Engine light comes on. I would not think you have a TRAC issue. The loss of power and the check engine light coming on indicates that the fuel injection system is in "limp" mode. This means it runs good enough to get you to a repair shop. Exactly what is causing it remains to be seen; a computer diagnosis would be your next step. We would not want to guess at specifying parts to replace if we were not sure that the problem woul dbe cured. The results of a scan would be a tremendous asset in figuring this out. Experience with this problem, if pressed for a hypothesis, I would suspect it would be either an engine sensor, or an air pump issue. If you have any questions, please reply. Please do confirm you have received my input; thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great response

Do you have any other questions for me on this issue? Thanks

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Code P 2432 was made by diagnostic computer

The P2432 explains clearly why your vehicle is doing this. The P2432 code indicates a problem with the 'secondary air injection system'. This is critical to the proper operation of the engine. Toyota has acknowledged that these systems have a high premature failure rate. Based on that, Toyota also instituted a policy to replace the failed units under an extension of the warranty (based on certain parameters). I would call your local Toyota dealer's service department, give them your 17 digit VIN number, and see if this will be rectified for you for free.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert