Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Sunroof on 2004 Camry xle stuck open, trying to... just

Customer Question

Sunroof on 2004 Camry xle stuck open
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to... just trying to push the open close button but it seems to only partially work then stays open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the motor works... but seems to try to work then stops in place
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: auto
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

SUN ROOF INITIALIZATION (CAMRY & CELICA)

NOTE: Following procedure should be performed if battery is disconnected and reconnected, or battery is discharged and recharged to provide proper automatic operation and jam protection operation of power sun roof.

Camry

1. Ensure ignition is on. Depress and hold TILT UP side of power sun roof switch until power sun roof tilts all the way upward and then tilts downward a little. Power sun roof switch is located on headliner, just in front of power sun roof.
  2. Check proper operation of open/closing and tilt up/down function for power sun roof using power sun roof switch. Power sun roof should operate anytime ignition is on, or for 43 seconds after ignition is off provided both front doors are closed. It will stop operating if any front door is opened. Depressing SLIDE OPEN side of power sun roof switch for one second should open power sun roof.
  3. Depressing TILT UP side of power sun roof switch for one second should close power sun roof. To tilt power sun roof upward, depress and hold TILT UP side of power sun roof switch for one second. To tilt power sun roof downward, depress and hold SLIDE OPEN side of power sun roof switch for one second.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,