How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Bagley Your Own Question
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Category: Toyota
Satisfied Customers: 817
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
Type Your Toyota Question Here...
Peter Bagley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2002 Camry. The I can't open the flip top over the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Camry. The I can't open the flip top over the cup holder because the piece that fits inside to help hold smaller cups has dislodged and fell behind the flip door, preventing me from flipping the cover up. Is there anything I can do?
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, not much I can do it seems. If I could figure out how to remove the entire cup holder assembly I could remove the other piece that is causing the flip door to only partially open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

is this the set up you have ,

there is clips around it that you can pop out & up aoring the shiufter

put shifter in neutral position when working on it .

those cup holder you can buy from dealer or ebay for cheap

Please let me know , if that will work for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

ASE Certified Technician

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Non of these diagrams match my 2002 Camry LE console.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

i will opt out & open up your question to another expert they will help you & might have correct diagrams

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. be rt back with your info.

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 year ago.

are your cup holders in the console behind the shiftier or at the bottom of the dash

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the console behind the shifter. They are in a straight line behind the shifter. Just before the storage unit. If I was home I could snap a photo and send it to you.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 year ago.

no that's ok it's like mine then , can I have supper first and then I'll walk you trough it piece of cake.

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanx for being so patient. that cover is held down by clips , just open the arm rest part and use a plastic or non marring tool to pry the top plastic garnish up and you will have access to the cup holders. actually yours is similar to one of the above but the cup holder runs the length of the park handle like mine that's the difference but to remove that cover is the same , just be slow and careful so you don't scratch every thing up , putting it back is just a snap. Hope this helps your problem and if you require any further assistance I'll be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was out running errands, so I just read your response. It may not be until tomorrow morning before I can check it out. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 year ago.

very well if you need me to walk you through it let me know.