Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2005 Prius with 114,000 miles on it. From a cold

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Prius...
I have a 2005 Prius with 114,000 miles on it. From a cold start, the car functions normally for the first 10 mins. Then the "triangle of death" light and several other indicator lights all come on. The car continues to operate normally and the mpg is still 44-47! Could the cooling blower for the traction battery be the problem, setting off a sensor? Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Your best bet is to start with getting the computer scanned for trouble codes to see what is triggering the light. Are you getting a service hybrid battery indicator as well or just the triangle?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician