Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Need to replace the driver side mirror assembly on my 2009

Customer Question
Rav-4 JA: Are you fixing your...
need to replace the driver side mirror assembly on my 2009 Rav-4
JA: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Doing it myself, but have yet to get started. I have the replacement part
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes to both
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: will I require any special tools?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
9/19/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, you will need to remove the door trim panel to replace the side mirror. The only special tool required is a trim tool used to remove some of the trim panel, which you can get from a parts store for around $10. You can use a screwdriver with the tip of it taped up to prevent marring the surface in its place if needed.

I have attached the directions for you for this job

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager