Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have sound but no picture on my dvd system in my Toyota

Customer Question
Sienna 2012. Can u help? JA...
I have sound but no picture on my dvd system in my Toyota Sienna 2012. Can u help?
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We've tried in the set up menu, general, turning the rear system lock off. You can hear the DVD playing over the audio, and the rear screen has power, but no image from the DVD.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2012 Toyota Sienna
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have also made sure in the settings that the rear screen is turned on. When we turn the rear screen off, the rear screen goes black. When we turn the rear screen on, we can clearly see the background lighting on the screen, that's how we know it has power. Just no image from the DVD.
Answered in 3 days by:
9/21/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. This dosen't sound too pleasant but there are a couple thigs you can try before major surgery. first apply the emergency brake and ee if that comes on then, also replace the batteries in the remote.If those don't work you will have to drop the headliner to get at the players wiring to check them not nice to do. if all the wiring is ok then the unit will have to go for repairs. In that order ,so good luck. Hope this helps you find your problem and if I can be of further assistance I'll be happy to do so.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician