Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Toyota Tech only 2008 Toyota Prius low pressure in RR wheel,

Customer Question
Toyota Tech only2008 Toyota Priuslow...
Toyota Tech only2008 Toyota Priuslow pressure in RR wheel , I start the bleeding process, after that I erased the memory and tried to initialize the linear valve offset , but I am not successful , I used both my scanner MAxidas , and the jumper method ( 4 and 13 Pins)nothing works , I have error code 1345 ,also some times I got other codes like lower actuator pressure and boost motor faliurI donlt this the actuator is bad since my start point is low pressure in one wheel , now I cannot even get to that stage
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
9/18/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Have you replaced the actuator ?

have you checked actuator connector ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

DTC : C1345

BRAKE CONTROL: ELECTRONICALLY CONTROLLED BRAKE SYSTEM: C1345/66: Linear Solenoid Valve Offset Learning Undone DTC C1345/66 - Linear Solenoid Valve Offset Learning Undone

The skid control ECU stores and corrects the difference in each individual part such as the stroke sensor, actuator solenoids, and stroke simulator solenoid. Perform "initialization of linear solenoid valve and calibration" if these parts are replaced. The skid control ECU inputs the shift position P signal.

INSPECTION PROCEDURE PROCEDURE

1. PERFORM INITIALIZATION OD LINEAR SOLENOID VALVE AND CALIBRATION (a)Perform "initialization of linear solenoid valve and calibration". NEXT -- Continue to next step.

2. RECONFIRM DTC (a)Clear the DTCs. (b)Turn the power switch ON (READY). (c)Check the same DTCs are recorded.

Result

IF DTC 1345 Is Set : Proceed To B

If DTC is Not Set : Proceed To A

B -- REPLACE BRAKE ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY
A -- END

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the actuator already .after i replaced it i got low pressure in RR wheel , when I erased the memory i went to this problem ,if the actuator went bad again , could be anything in the car cause the actuators to go bad

how about comparing the resistance the reading of the old actuator and new actuator .,let see if it did go bad

and yes a short in the wiring, suspension module etc.. will cause this

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
need details on what to measure , what pins etc
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Does your scan tool give you the ability to bleed the rear wheels walking through step-by-step?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but will bleeding fix the c1345

Yes it is critical that there is no air in the system the rear brakes on this are strictly driven by the electric pump and solenoid valve. You cannot bleed them without going to the step-by-step process with the scan tool to allow the electric pump to drive the pressure to the rear wheels and push the air out. If there's air in the system it will by default screw everything else up. Run to the air bleed process for all four wheels make sure there's no air in the system then do the real initialization of the offset linear valve. Make sure you do that correctly.

Skyvisions
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician