Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My bluetooth is disabled or grayed out, i cant pair it with

Customer Question
my phone JA: What is the...
my bluetooth is disabled or grayed out, i cant pair it with my phone
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2014 toyota 4runner
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, i dont have fixed anything'
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: im only trying to connect the bluetooth
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
9/14/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you. Try rebooting the system by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. See if you can now pair your phone. Let me know if that works.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, it doesnt work

Ok, then there is a problem with the hands free Bluetooth circuit. May be a software issue. At this point you will need to ask the dealer to connect their scan tool and check the module andif needed update the software.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Chris
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician