Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I replaced the rear brakes on my 2010 prius yesterday and I

Customer Question

I replaced the rear brakes on my 2010 prius yesterday and I removed the Negative battery terminal to cut the power to the vehicle prior to the project. after all work was completed and the battery terminal was replaced I now have a "check hybrid system" warning on my dash and the car does not run. Any thoughts?
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: The battery looks fine, clean, odorless and has been working well although original to the car.
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did the brake work myself and reconnected the battery in order to finish bleeding the brake line and the warning light came on. I disconnected the orange Hybrid plug and reconnected to see if that would work. nothing else was done.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 10 months ago.

Do you still need assistance? Do you have a code reader to check for codes in the system?