Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I replaced the rear brakes on my 2010 prius yesterday and I

Customer Question
removed the Negative battery terminal...
I replaced the rear brakes on my 2010 prius yesterday and I removed the Negative battery terminal to cut the power to the vehicle prior to the project. after all work was completed and the battery terminal was replaced I now have a "check hybrid system" warning on my dash and the car does not run. Any thoughts?
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: The battery looks fine, clean, odorless and has been working well although original to the car.
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did the brake work myself and reconnected the battery in order to finish bleeding the brake line and the warning light came on. I disconnected the orange Hybrid plug and reconnected to see if that would work. nothing else was done.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
9/13/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Do you still need assistance? Do you have a code reader to check for codes in the system?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician