Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 2004 4.7lL Tundra with a fuel pump won't run. I

Customer Question
applied 12v to pin 5...
I have a 2004 4.7lL Tundra with a fuel pump won't run. I applied 12v to pin 5 of the fuel pump relay and the pump runs. I am not getting 12v to the C/OPN relay at pin 2 that provides 12v to the coil of the pump relay. The rest of the system seems to work. I sprayed a bit of starter fluid and the engine wanted to run. Fuses are good, efi relay actuates, I swapped the relays that are interchangeable. My schematic leads to the combination meter. What's that? Could that be the problem? I would appreciate any help. Thanks, Gary
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
9/11/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

THERE IS 10 AMP IGN FUSE ,THAT FEEDS THE C/OPN RELAY AT PIN 2

CAN YOU CHECK THAT FUSE I SENT YOU THE DIAGRAM FOR YOUR REVIEW

YOU WILL HAVE A GREEN WIRE GOING INTO A A JUNCTION TURN INTO A LIGHT BLUE WIRE TO THE FUSE BOX AT FUSE THE IGN FUSE 10 AMP

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

THE EFI RELAY ALSO NEEDS CHECKING ,and 25 amp fuse for the EFI relay

Chad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My schematic shows a 5 amp ign fuse. If that's the one where is it on the vehicle?

hey i m not sure why my diagram is not matching

i m looking up 2004 toyota sr5 4.7 v8 c/opn relay circuit .

i will opt out of your question for another expert to help you , they will have the right diagram hopefully .

Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Different expert here. Power to the Circuit Opening Relay Pin 2 comes from Pins 2 (and 3) of the Fuel pump Relay. Power is supplied to he Fuel pump relay (from the ECM) via Pin 1. The ECM will not power this circuit if there is no input read from the crank angle sensor as the engine is spinning over.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced my crank sensor on my 2004 Tundra 4.7L The sensor I removed had sprocket indentations on the face of the sensor. I installed a new sensor that developed the same indentations when I removed and checked the sensor. When I say indentations it does not look like the sprocket was spinning when the crank shaft sensor was damaged even though the engine was turned over with starter motor. The engine will not start . I poked my finger in the sensor hole and the sprocket feels snug. Is this just a sprocket for the sensor with no chain?
Whats wrong?

On the end of the crankshaft (assuming that this is a 2004 4.7 litre engine with a timing belt), there is a dual type sprocket. The front, or smaller sprocket is for the timing belt. The rear, or bigger sprocket is for the crank sensor. If your replacement sensor is a bit too long, or the mount for the sensor is damaged, it will hit or rub the rear sprocket, which damages it. I would pull the front cover off and inspect the crank sprocket that is read by the crank sensor; see if a tooth is missing or it is cracked, bent or otherwise damaged.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert