Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Air conditioner not working. For a while I would slam the

Customer Question
glove box and it would...
Air conditioner not working. For a while I would slam the glove box and it would work, then I pulled the filter out and turned the blade on blower and it would work normally for a while, this morning I tried everything and nothing.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: I drive a lot its a 2012 and it has 168,000
JA: What is the model of your '12 Toyota?
Customer: yikes, im not sure, no letters after it, I can go get my stuff out of glovebox if needed
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive been slamming glove box, that's about it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know nothing about cars, my husband usually handles this stuff but doesn't know much about prius
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Sounds like you need to replace the blower motor. Also a good idea to replace the blower motor resistor at the same time, they are close together and the resistors are not that expensive.

I can send you the repair procedures from the factory service manual if you like.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how much does a blower cost

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks

Dan, ASE Certified Technician