Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

A warning of check hybrid sysrem appers on the dash bord

Customer Question
ciuld you tell me whats...
A warning of check hybrid sysrem appers on the dash bord ciuld you tell me whats the problem and it its okay to drive the car
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Camry 2009
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I didnt do anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes i think the electric mode isnot working, and sometimes the gear shift is not so good it take a few seconds to change the gear or when you press the pedle it dosent response direclty
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: The transmission around 7 years old
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
9/1/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Toyota Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Toyota Mechanic

Welcome,

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

Yes, that means that the electric drive is no longer working and when that light comes on usually it means the hybrid battery needs replaced.

Larry

you can still drive it for awhile but it really does need fixed before it breaks down completlt

It also controls transmission shifting

Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Toyota Mechanic