How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris (aka-Moose) Your Own Question
Chris (aka-Moose)
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Category: Toyota
Satisfied Customers: 901
Experience:  16 years of experience
Type Your Toyota Question Here...
Chris (aka-Moose) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to figure out how to replace the 120 Amp type

Customer Question

Trying to figure out how to replace the 120 Amp type B alternator fuse.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: THe manual says replace it with the same type but there is more to it than that,]. It seems to be bolted in
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: I know which fuse is blown. I can see it. Accidentally shorted jumper cable 2012 Rav4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to pull out the fuse straight up but the plastic came off and left the two stakes in the fuse holder slot
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I know there is some trick to getting this done. Hoping does not involve removing the fuse box. Lots of little clips
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

Hello. The fuse is held in with screws. To remove it, you will have to separate the fuse box to access the screws. The fuse box should be separated by 4 plastic tabs.

Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if that answers your question.

Related Toyota Questions