Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My 2008 Camry s sunroof won't slide out. There are sounds

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, My 2008 Camry s...
Hi Pearl,
My 2008 Camry s sunroof won't slide out. There are sounds but it seems to be stuck
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want a low cost solution if possible. If not I would like to know how much it would cost to fix it.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I have not tried much
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Battery was a problem. I replaced the battery but still not working
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Put in a brand new battery just now
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/30/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. You stated you hear a noise but the sun roof don't move? is it stuck closed or open? you have two ways to do this but not knowing your skill levels I don't know which one you would prefer. The first one includes dropping the sun roof motor and seeing if it spins. the other is taking the sunroof track out to see if it is jammed or has broken cables. either way the parts can be quite expensive unless you can get good used ones at a local wreckers. new the motor can run up to $300 and the cable assemblies run up to $4oo so what is your decision and how can I assist you further the ball is in your court.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician