Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My 2000 Camry is stuck in park and will not shift to any

Customer Question
other gear... JA: How old is...
My 2000 Camry is stuck in park and will not shift to any other gear...
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: I would assume the age of the car and no. I cant back it out and around to see if the light are working or not.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Researching it on-line.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope. Thats all I know. It work when I drive it home and now it does not.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
8/28/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

Please check to see if the stop lights are working, it will not shift out of park if they don't.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are not working.

Thanks for the reply

Open the fuse cover on the left lower dash, there is a plastic cover or a coin storage box, the fuses are inside there, the fuses are marked on the inside of the cover, replace the fuse marked 'STOP' and 'Gauge' let me know if that fixed it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope. Fuses are continuing to blow one after another.

Thanks for the reply

Does the fuse blow as soon as you put it in or does it blow only when stepping on the brake?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When put in. Brake switch is new.

Ok, we need to see if the short is in front or the back, disconnect the brake switch and see if the fuse still blows.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech