Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a loud clicking sound that may be coming from the AC.

Customer Question

I have a loud clicking sound that may be coming from the AC. It sometimes continues after I turn off the ignition.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The most common cause of a clicking noise is a faulty servo motor. The servo motors are located on the heater box under the dash. These devices are electrical units that moves the baffles inside the heater box to the various possible locations (floor/face/defrost). Replacement of the servo motors do not require removal of the dashboard. I would not recommencement that the dash be removed for replacement of faulty servo motors. Further, I would not be surprised to hear that the tire guy just 'told' you that to avoid having to deal with a problem that he knows nothing about. You really should take this to a Toyota service department where a competent tech can diagnose this for you properly.

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.