Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have a 99 Toyota corolla. It is totally dead. It is not

Customer Question

I have a 99 Toyota corolla. It is totally dead. It is not the Battery. All electral systems is totally gone over night. Could a fuse cause that?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 11 months ago.

How do you know the battery is good? Did you have it tested out of the car? When you install the jumper cables did you check the connections to the battery? Do you have a voltmeter to check a few voltages in the junction blocks?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the battery is still under warrenty. When I did the connection I checked the panel, horn etc to see if I could see any sign of electrical life. Everything is dead overnight.

At any time was the vehicle jumped backwards even for a split second? Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage at the battery or the terminals?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was not reversed . i will buy a volmeter and get back to you.

OK

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I purchased a voltmeter. I could not get a reading. I prayed and looked for info from ask.com on how to remove a battery. So I have it out of the car. I am taking it back tomorrow and getting a new one. Thank you for your help.

You are welcome IT is not unusual to see new batteries fail let me know how it goes.