Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My car key is lost and at the dealership they are not able

Customer Question
hi, my car key is...
hi, my car key is lost and at the dealership they are not able to program the new key
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: no when i bought the car it only came with one key
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: i oredered a new one from toyota and they are having a hard time programing it 2008 toyota highlander hybrid (keyless entry)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my car is american but since i live in a border town i was in mexico when i lost bthe key so i took it to a mexican toyta dealership
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: since mexico does not have hybrid highlanders they tyhink that the program is not compatible to program the key
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
8/26/2016
Toyota Mechanic: scionking, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert

They will be unable to program the key because it is a US vehicle and they do not have access to the key code. They should create a Technical Assistance Case with Toyota to see if they can be sent a key code from US Toyota to manually enter into their computer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok they've tried calling to Mexico City but there was no luck.... The thing is that I'm afraid they might not understand because of the language barrier but I'll definitely let them know at the Mexican dealership...

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance with this? If I have answered your question please be so kind as to accept my answer and rate the level of service provided. If you have any follow up questions I'd be more than happy to help. Thank you for using Just Answer

scionking
scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert